Day 23 of the month long writer’s challenge. Those who joined this writing challenge write everyday for one month. Thank you “Two Writing Teachers” for this challenge and ongoing encouragement and support. I’ve totally enjoyed this experience for several reasons. Let me share why.
10) The routine of writing at day’s end and revising in early morning.
9) Pausing throughout my day to jot notes in my writer’s journal.
8) My cat curled up on the chair above my head as I write.
7) Thinking of things to write about.
6) Giving a scene a second take to decide if it’s something to share.
5) Trying to find just the right word to express my thought, feeling, scene.
4) Thinking of myself as a writer and a reader.
3) Reading comments left on my writing.
2) Reading and commenting on other slices.(Almost made this my #1)
1) Writing – Writing about things that matter to me. This is what I’ve enjoyed the most. At first I felt the need to write for others. But about 1/2 way through the challenge something changed. I no longer looked for, or hoped for, comments. I wrote for me. I wrote to reflect, to sort out, to understand things that happened to me in my day. It helped…a lot. It’s been a long time since I’ve done something just for me. This challenge has reminded me how important doing things we love just for ourselves is. It makes us better, not just at writing but at living.
I know we are not done yet. But thank you all you amazing readers and writers out there. I’ve enjoyed looking into your hearts and have enjoyed sharing mine.